LITTLE SCHOLARS AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS
We currently have the following clubs in the school:
- Communication and Enlightenment Club (CEC)
- Information and Communication Technology Club (ICT)
- Maths & Science Club (M&S)
- Writing Clinic
- Drama / Creative Art Club
COMMUNICATION and ENLIGHTENMENT CLUB
The Communication and Enlightenment Club is open for pupils from primary one to six, the club takes place every Wednesday between 2:00pm & 3:00pm.
The activities for the club varies from term to term. What is constant though, is the learning environment and teaching of the basic tenants of the club. Every term pupils are introduced to public speaking, News editing, and news casting, they sometimes source for facts through interview of persons.
Activities for third 2018/2019 session
- 8th May 2019 = Scrambling of Words
- 15th May 2019 = Virtues of Ramadan
- 22nd May 2019 = Making of Eid Cards
- 12th June 2019 = Democracy Day
- 19th June 2019 = Writing Challenge “Allah’s Rahma on Me”
- 26th June 2019 = Hadith & Quran Challenge
- 3rd July 2019 = News
- 10th July 2019 = Cooking Challenge (Noodles)
- 17th July 2019 = End of Year Walima
INFORMATION and COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY CLUB
The Little Scholars ICT Club engages pupils in fun and interactive activities to prepare them for our technology driven future.
Apart from their normal computer lesson, during ICT club which serve as extra curricular activity, pupils learn more about:
– Microsoft Office skills such as, presentation and desktop publishing.
– Learn the basics on graphic design using gcompris, tuxpaint, ms paint and Corel draw
– Create simple games through coding and computational skills using block programming applications such as Ohbot app, Kodu game lab app, BYOB, scratch and Minecraf app.
– Pupils’ creative abilities are also enhanced through video editing, digital story telling and creating animations.
MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE CLUB
It provides students with opportunities to learn outside the classroom, promote and develop. The club promote the enjoyment of life, physical and mathematical
The Maths and science club ride on the interest of the pupils in the subject of Maths and science. With that in mind, we can explore beyond the common syllabus in greater extent of the subject elements thru extensive hand on experiment and creative problem solving
We expose to a wide variety of issues ranging from global warning,recycling logging of plants species to high level of mathematics problem solving techniques. these allow pupils to improve in their academic understanding of the subjects
The M&S club of little scholars’ school will seek to promote interest in the discipline of Maths and science using practical application and to enrich learning opportunities in Maths and science through their stay in the school
THE DRAMA CLUB
THE DRAMA CLUB
The aim of the drama club is to encourage the pupils to believe in themselves and speak out in public by participating in educative plays
We sing Islamic songs and memorize educative poems.
ART AND CRAFT CLUB
Art and Craft Club is our fun way for students to learn about making usual objects into works of art. The activities are interesting, thought-provoking and educational. During the club sessions, the pupils’ creative, imaginative and motor skills are developed and enhanced.
As the pupils are of different ages and year groups, the aim of the club is to be educational, creative, fun and enjoyable. Our learning objectives are for the pupils to gain understanding, knowledge and practical hands on experience of many creative subjects, activities, creative items and techniques within the creative areas of arts, crafts & design.
The children will enjoy the activities with paints, pencils, paper crafts, balloon decorations, napkin folding, designs from fruits and vegetables and many more. Upon completion of an activity, students are encouraged to share their artwork with their peers, friends, and family.
We welcome everyone to join our club on Wednesdays from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.